Saturday, September 20, 2008
Happy Birthday, Kyla!
First I'll share some photos from my shoot last Saturday. This little baby was only three weeks old and was by far the calmest, happiest newborn I've ever had the privilege of photographing! This is a great new family, and I loved this photo of the three of them!



Finally, Kyla is turning one next week! Today we're having a small party for her. I can't believe a year has already gone by, and though I know it's so cliche, I'm kind of sad. She's not really a baby anymore, and while I hated some parts of the baby stage, I'm going to miss a lot more of it. I feel like I just got my bearings and figured out what I'm doing and now she's changing into something else (a new monster). Time to start over and figure out life again...

1 Comments:
Blogger Rachel Smith said...
Happy Birthday KYLA! I know what you mean by being sad and happy about the 1st year being gone. Is it time to think about another one? Just thought I would ask.

Justus will be 1 this week also. I still think of him as a baby though. Maybe it's b/c he is so short! Unfortunately, he got that part of me. No, I think I am just clinging onto the baby time b/c I know he is my last. YEAH!!! I love my babies, but we have been buying daipers for over 7 years now. Plus we still have about another 1 1/2 to 2 years left.