Saturday, July 26, 2008
The rained out wedding
I was David and Gwyn's photographer for their wedding last Saturday. I was so excited to do their pictures because we had plans to head out to the gorgeous little garden at the Joseph and Sarah Levy Senior Center in Bolingbrook, but then it rained. :~(

Now, I know some of you are saying "Senior Center? For pictures?" but trust me, it's a great little place!

Unfortunately, the rain let up and the sun came out just minutes before the (indoor) ceremony began and then it started to pour again just minutes before the ceremony ended. So, David and Gwyn, the offer for a re-shoot still stands! I know your wedding party can't come, but I also know you really wanted those pictures (and so did I)!

Now, what should I say about this great couple (if you're still reading and not just scrolling down to the pictures!) Hopefully none of my other couples will take offense to this, but I think David and Gwyn are my favorites so far. They went through the day very much "in the moment" and into each other. And, they went out of their way to offer me cake (having read some of my previous posts)! I, of course, didn't eat any as I was too busy running around, but one of these days I will!




This was a couple that didn't need to be told to kiss!

I loved the true cake smashing going on! It's so rare to see that anymore.

I'm sorry, David, but when I saw this photo I just had to laugh. I don't know that I've ever known someone who could do this with their tongue, and I knew you'd be a good sport about it! :~)

This is the piece that should have been mine!
2 Comments:
Blogger Rachel Smith said...
Hi Heather! It's Rachel. I can lick my nose with my tongue too. Just wanted to let you know that you do know someone else who can do it.

Blogger Heather Roose said...
Rachel, I'm not sure that's something you revealed while living in the dorms!